By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as laid out below.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data when you:
• use our website hairtransform.co.uk, salon app or online booking system – including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product, or book a service
• sign up to our newsletter
• take part in a prize draw or competition
• complete any surveys we conduct for market research or obtaining feedback
• use our premises WIFI
• visit our salons as a client, including enquiries in advance of a visit
• attend an event run by Hair Transform
• apply for a job
• interact with us through social media, email, phone or website chat
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 16 years of age.
Who we are
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Hair Transform Limited.
Hair Transform is a trading name of Hair Transform Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 11170953.
Our registered address is 1 Mortimer Street, Birkenhead, CH415EU United Kingdom.
Our VAT number is GB 289356057
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Hair Transform Ltd. 2-6 Queen Avenue, Castle Street, Liverpool L2 4TZ
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What data do we collect about you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data may include your payment card details (we do not save your payment card details).
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
• Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you when using our web site or online booking systems. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
In salon we may collect Sensitive Data about your health for certain services to potentially highlight treatments that may have an adverse effect on your health due to medication you may be taking or a condition you may have. Hair Transform asks for consent prior to gathering and processing this information. You will be referred to full details of our policy regarding Sensitive Data at the point of any relevant service provision.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
3. How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our website, salon app, online booking or in our salon (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email, social media, website chat or otherwise, including when you
• order our products or services
• create an account on our site
• make a salon appointment
• request resources or marketing be sent to you
• enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey
• contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem
• give us feedback
Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below.
Technical Data from the following such parties:
• analytics providers such as Google, Facebook & Twitter based outside the EU
• advertising networks such as Google or Facebook based outside the EU
Personal Data from the following such parties:
• Recruitment Services such as Indeed, National Apprenticeship Service
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
• Where we need to perform a contract between you and us for salon services or the supply of website services
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
• Where we have your consent. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking on an unsubscribe link on any communication.
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
• requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us
• if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications
• if you provided us with your details in salon and you verbally agreed to receiving marketing communications
• if you provided us with details when entering a competition and consented to receiving marketing materials
• and, in each above case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing
We do not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes or promotions.
You can ask to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in point 4 above:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services (Phorest)
• Service providers who provide payment processing services and their sub-contractors (Elavon, Phorest). They may use your data to: authenticate your identity, validate your payment card, authorise payment
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
• Analytics tools that assist in the improvement and optimisation of our website (Google)
• Service providers and their subcontractors we engage to send communications and postal mail on our behalf (Phorest) You have the right to object or restrict the processing of your personal data for this purpose e.g. opt out of email / sms marketing (see points 4 & 9)
• Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
In most circumstances we do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If using services providers that make international transfers of your personal data, we will only use service providers that follow US-EU Privacy Shield regulations or adhere to EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data
• Request correction of your personal data
• Request erasure of your personal data
• Object to processing of your personal data
• Request restriction of processing your personal data
• Request transfer of your personal data
• Right to withdraw consent
You can see more about these rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website (www.ico.org.uk).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. Third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Hair Transform employs information gathering technologies for the purposes of collecting information and statistics about the users of this site, but such information will not be used to identify any individual. The purpose of gathering such information is to assist us to analyse the use of the website and revise it for the benefit of our customers by making your visit to the site more efficient and to improve and increase the content found to be most popular.
You may adjust your computer’s settings to block cookies, or to accept them only on confirmation from you. Because of the wide variety of browsers and operating systems used by our customers we cannot provide detailed instructions for this, however your browser should contain details in its help facility.
12. Questions and complaints
• by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by post: Hair Transform Ltd, 2-6 Queen Avenue Castle Street Liverpool L2 4TZ, United Kingdom